Experienced Representation in All Family Law Matters
At Yates Family Law, PC, in Portland, we focus on the following areas of family law practice:
- Divorce— Far too much is at stake in a divorce matter to “do it yourself,” including the best interests of your children and the security of your valued assets. Our attorney remain at your side during challenging times and guide you through the entire process.
- Custody and parenting time — At Yates Family Law, PC, we strive to shield children from their parents’ disputes. Their best interests come first. While we prefer that custody decisions are made outside of the courtroom, we will litigate, when necessary.
- Parental relocation and move away — The impact of a child moving can be earth shattering to the nonresidential parent. Relocations must be done for compelling reasons that are in the best interests of the children.
- Child support — While the Oregon child support guidelines may appear straight forward, the process is more complex than simply entering numbers into a calculator. Complicated issues may arise in determining a party’s income or whether there are circumstances that would warrant an upward or downward deviation of the presumed support amount.
- Spousal support — In Oregon, there is no spousal support calculation formula, which can make spousal support issues difficult. These matters should be handled by an experienced divorce lawyer. Our job is to provide counsel and advocate for the appropriate amount of support.
- Modifications and enforcement — As life changes, so may a family law judgment. Jobs are lost, ex-spouses remarry, or a teenager may want to live with the other parent. These changes of circumstance, and others, may warrant a modification of the initial judgment. In addition, enforcement of an order or judgment is sometimes necessary to compel a party’s compliance.
- Division of property — Dividing assets and liabilities as part of a divorce often create conflicts and disputes between couples. We handle all aspects of this complex and frequently emotional process, focusing on your best interests and a secure future.
- Dissolution of domestic partnerships — Partners in domestic partnerships may acquire equitable interests in the property of that partnership. We are experts in determining your rights and guiding you through the process of ending the partnership.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Taking proactive steps with a prenuptial agreement or securing a postnuptial agreement can control the result of a potential divorce, protect your rights and secure your assets.
- LGBTQ Family Law — At Yates Family Law, we work with all families. We understand LGBTQ families often have additional hurtles both legal and emotional that are not common in other family law cases. Fortunately, our experienced team is ready to address all aspects of LGBTQ family law cases.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced divorce lawyer, please contact us.